Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Reason Patch A Day is... on Twitter?

Occasionally I use Stat Counter to take a peek at where people are coming from when they visit Reason Patch A Day. Sometimes its interesting, as a link to this blog will get posted in some genre discussion forum I've never heard of, and it can be a lot of fun to get a glimpse at what's going on in corners of the internet that I've never seen before.

A lot of traffic comes from what I consider "sister" sites, like Lewis.72's Resonant Filter , my buddy DJ Mad Wax's City of Bass site, or the new, excellent Phi Sequence Music blog. I do what I can to promote these blogs, so it's great to see people discovering Patch A Day through them, as well.

But every once in a while, I find something really strange. For example, there's a Japanese site that (I think) is dedicated to the Casio VL-Tone, where Patch A Day is linked. Or, there's the Russian DJ site where my combinator skins were being discussed a while back. And then, there's the stuff I just can't wrap my head around. For example, the recent traffic I've been seeing from the Patch A Day twitter feed.

Reason: Patch A Day (reasonpatchaday) on Twitter

The part that confuses me is that I never signed up for a Twitter feed. I've never even used it, so I have no clue how this happened or how it's being maintained. I suspect its automatic, but Google, which hosts Blogspot, doesn't have any link to Twitter that I'm aware of. It seems like something I should have signed up for, and there is a log-in option, but I have no clue how to get in and make it work.

Anyone have any knowledge they can share to explain this? I'm really baffled.


Lewis.72 said...

Man, that's really weird. It seems to go back to July 13th? I had to check and see if I had one (thinking it might be an automatic blogspot thing), yet no RF twit. Very strange.

icecubefactory said...

Very strange indeed, and sorry.... no ideas )-:

Patch-A-Day Robbneu said...

Hey, guys, thanks for the input. Its really weird, isn't it? I'll figure it out one of these days, I guess. Or, I won't. :)