Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Reason Patch A Day is... on Twitter?

Occasionally I use Stat Counter to take a peek at where people are coming from when they visit Reason Patch A Day. Sometimes its interesting, as a link to this blog will get posted in some genre discussion forum I've never heard of, and it can be a lot of fun to get a glimpse at what's going on in corners of the internet that I've never seen before.

A lot of traffic comes from what I consider "sister" sites, like Lewis.72's Resonant Filter , my buddy DJ Mad Wax's City of Bass site, or the new, excellent Phi Sequence Music blog. I do what I can to promote these blogs, so it's great to see people discovering Patch A Day through them, as well.

But every once in a while, I find something really strange. For example, there's a Japanese site that (I think) is dedicated to the Casio VL-Tone, where Patch A Day is linked. Or, there's the Russian DJ site where my combinator skins were being discussed a while back. And then, there's the stuff I just can't wrap my head around. For example, the recent traffic I've been seeing from the Patch A Day twitter feed.

Reason: Patch A Day (reasonpatchaday) on Twitter

The part that confuses me is that I never signed up for a Twitter feed. I've never even used it, so I have no clue how this happened or how it's being maintained. I suspect its automatic, but Google, which hosts Blogspot, doesn't have any link to Twitter that I'm aware of. It seems like something I should have signed up for, and there is a log-in option, but I have no clue how to get in and make it work.

Anyone have any knowledge they can share to explain this? I'm really baffled.

3 comments:

Lewis.72 said...

Man, that's really weird. It seems to go back to July 13th? I had to check and see if I had one (thinking it might be an automatic blogspot thing), yet no RF twit. Very strange.

icecubefactory said...

Very strange indeed, and sorry.... no ideas )-:

Patch-A-Day Robbneu said...

Hey, guys, thanks for the input. Its really weird, isn't it? I'll figure it out one of these days, I guess. Or, I won't. :)